This lovely salad is a perfect winter dish. It is full of seasonal flavours. It is a great light option that is not a cold crisp salad. Served warm it still ticks that import an winter box – hearty warm nourishing food.
Butternut squash – rich in beta carotene
Puy lentils – rich in B vitamins, Magnesium, and both soluble and insoluble fibre
- 1 small butternut squash
- 600g of cooked puy lentils (drained if tinned)
- 150g of feta cheese
- Generous bunch of curly parsley
- Juice of half a clementine/Tangerine
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice the butternut squash – leaving the skin on. Place the diced squash on a roasting tray and roast at around 200 for 20 – 25 minutes until golden and soft.
- Place the lentils into a sauce pan and place on to a hob and warm through. You want to remove from the heat before they start to sizzle.
- Mix the lentils and roasted squash together whilst everything is still warm.
- Chop the parsley and add that to the squash and lentils, along with the clementine juice, salt, and black pepper, and toss well.
- Plate up, and then crumble the feta over the top.