This is a lovely fresh dish, bursting with flavour and incredibly nutrient dense. The multigrain mix used here is a readily available mix of white and red quinoa, along with bulgur wheat. Any wholegrain mix will do though. So experiment away.
Tomatoes – rich in the carotenoid lycopene that has been linked to prostate and cardiovascular health improvements.
Grain mix – B vitamins, Fibre
- 2 large plum tomatoes – halved
- 45g of multigrain mix
- 25g of fresh parsley – roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh rocket
- 3-4 large olives
- Balsamic vinegar
for the dressing:
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- Pre heat oven to 180
- Place the tomato halves on to a flat baking tray, and glug generously with balsamic vinegar. Roast for 20 – 25 minutes, checking occasionally, and adding extra balsamic vinegar if they look a little dry.
- Boil the multigrain mix, drain and allow to cool.
- Mix the multigrain mix and chopped parsley together along with a ;inch of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Arrange the rocket and multigrain mix on a plate. Dot the olives around the rocket.
- Combine dressing ingredients, and dress the rocket salad.
- Top with the roasted tomatoes.