This dish arose when I was just mucking about with a few leftovers. What I ended up with was a sauce that really reminded me of that very famous tomato soup in the red can!! It is the creaminess of the coconut that gives this dimension I reckon.
Serves - 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion – finely chopped
- 1 small courgette – sliced into rounds
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of cannellini beans – drained
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- Sea salt or pink crystal salt
- Saute the onion, garlic, and courgette, along with a generous pinch of salt in the olive oil until the onion has softened and mellowed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and coconut milk, and simmer for around 10 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens, stirring well throughout. At this stage, add the cannellini beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach, and stir until it wilts. Ready to serve.