This is a gorgeous little flavour bomb that is absolutely oozing with nutrients. Sweet, warming, earthy, and colourful.
Salmon – rich in omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol, and reduce clotting.
Beetroot – contains nitrites that convert into nitric oxide – a substance that causes dilation of blood vessels, lowering blood pressure.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of hot horseradish sauce
- 2 small cooked beetroot
- 50g of feta cheese
- 2 handfuls of baby kale
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix the maple syrup and horseradish together in a bowl. Add the salmon fillet, and mix around to cover the fillet well in the marinade. Allow to marinate for a couple of hours.
- Place the salmon fillet on to a baking sheet, drizzle over any remaining marinade, and cook in the oven at around 200 for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, mash the cooked beetroot, crumble in the feta, and season with a little sea salt and black pepper.