This simple recipe is a great lunch time option. Fast, easy, and a flavour bomb. This is perfect in cold weather and hot weather alike.
Serves - 1
- 50g (dry weight) Flat rice noodles
- Half a red onion – sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1 small fresh chilli – finely chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Half a teaspoon of honey
- 5-6 shiitake mushrooms – sliced
- 6-8 diced pieces of tofu
- 150ml of water
- Place the rice noodles in to a pan and cover with boiled water.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and fresh chilli, along with a pinch of salt in a little coconut oil or olive oil, until the onion is almost softened.
- At this stage add the shiitake mushrooms and continue to saute until these have softened.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and water. You can keep adding water to get the texture of sauce you prefer. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, so the sauce thickens.
- Add the tofu. Strain the rice noodles and add these to the sauce too, and toss well to coat and combine, whilst still on the heat. Serve.