My name is Dale Pinnock, and I’m a hummus-holic!! I love the stuff. But sometimes I get bored of the standard chickpea, garlic, lemon vibe and want to shake things up a bit. This variation is awesome now that autumn has hit us. A perfect healthy snack to have on hand in the fridge when you feel you want to dive in to something.
- Cannellini beans – rich in B vitamins, magnesium, and fibre.
- Garlic – anticoagulaent, pre-biotic, antiviral.
- Carrots – rich in beta carotene for healthy skin, eyes, and for cardiovascular health.
- 1 Large carrot – diced for easy roasting
- 400g can of cannellini beans – drained
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 level teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Generous pinch of sea salt or pink crystal salt.
- Place the diced carrots on to a roasting tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, and roast at 200 for about 10 – 15 minutes until turning golden on the edges and softening nicely.
- Add the roasted carrots, cannellini beans, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cinnamon, and salt to a blender or food processor and blend/process in to a thick rich dip.
- Serve with vegetable crudités, or dolloped on to a baked sweet potato.