This is a seriously slinky soup. Bursting with concentrated flavour.
- 8 large tomatoes (the regular ones, not the extra large beef ones) - quartered
- 1 large red pepper - deseeded and chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 300ml vegetable stock (you may not need all of this)
- Place the tomatoes and peppers into a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil, and roast at 180 for around 20-25 minutes, until they are soft and are both caramelising.
- In a pan, salute the garlic in a little olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Transfer the tomatoes and peppers to the garlic, and top with enough vegetable stock to almost cover the vegetables.
- Blend into a smooth soup