These are a great option for those days when you could eat a horse and chase the jockey. They are seriously filling, and packed with B vitamins to boot! Quesadillas are usually done in a frying pan, but I prefer the oven, just get a little crispier.
- 2 small wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 400g can of mixed beans – drained
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- quarter of a teaspoon of cumin
- Handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Quickly saute the spinach in tiny bit of olive oil, just long enough to wilt it. Add the beans, mix well, then partially mash/smash with the back of a fork. Add the cumin, plus a little sea salt.
- Spread the bean mixture on to one of the tortilla’s. Sprinkle over the cheddar cheese, and place the other tortilla on top. Place on a baking sheet and bake at the top of a hot oven for about 8 minutes – long enough for the cheese to melt, and the tortillas to begin to get crispy.
- Cut into triangles and serve.