This gorgeous salad makes a great weekend lunch or a summer al fresco delight.
- 1 sirloin steak
- Half a fennel bulb
- 4 tablespoons of peas
- 1 handful of curly kale
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 1 clove of garlic – finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the peas until soft enough to mash
- Cut the fennel into slices, then half these slices lengthways
- Shred the curly kale into small pieces
- Cook the steak to your taste – Medium rare is my preference for this
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well
- Mash the peas and toss them, the fennel, and the kale together, then place in the centre of a plate.
- Slice the steak up and arrange on top of the greens.
- Dress generously